Sometimes, some of customers and also some of clients pay amount of cash to you. so that you should use cash transactions form to enter these types of vouchers.
Before to start cash receipt entry, please keep it in mind, usually customer pay cash. it means customer account will be credit for amount of paid cash by them.
For example: let suppose you have a customer with name: “A” and a supplier with name: “B”
Customer A paid 100$ to your shop, so that vouchers of these payment and receipt in iGreen will be as below:
Customer A 100$ Credit
Cash account 100$ Debit
for cash account, term “debit” means cash went out and term “Credit” means cash came in and added.
therefore, when you receive cash, account of cash will be debit
How to enter cash receipt in iGreen
Please from dashboard screen, click on button [Cash Receipt] and then you will see a from as below:
As you see, in this form, after you click on button [New voucher], it generate a new voucher number as CR-.. ,
“CR-” is summary of Cash Receipt and it is better you don’t change it. System ID is a not changeable by you and it is a unique ID in iGreen for systematic use and report.
Cash Account to Debit
It is important section,
- if you receipt cash in money (Coins and money notes), it should be Petty cash account or cash in hand
- if you receipt cash in bank account by money wire (bank transfer), you should select bank account.
- to select bank account enter 0 (zero digit) in text box “Account #:” and press enter, so that iGreen will show you chart of account to select any account that you want
in below section, you will see a table that includes:
- Payer ID: account of customer in iGreen
- Payer Name: name of customer
- Commnets: any commnets or description that you should keep here for future use and reports
- Amount: total amount that you receipt from customer as above selected
Example of Cash receipt from customers in Money notes
Here is an example of 100$ we received from Customer A
Note: we selected Account #: 10100 [Cash on Hand] because Customer A paid to us one 100$ note o money
Result: Account statement of Customer A got 100$ credit and cash account: 10100 got 100$ debit amount in reports
Example of Cash receipt from customers by bank deposit
Here is an example of AED250 we received from Customer B as he deposited it to our bank account [Emirates NBD] bank
Note: we selected Account #: 102000 [Emirates NBD] because Customer B deposited this amount of cash to our bank account
Result: Account statement of Customer A got AED250 credit and Bank account: 102000 got AED250 debit amount in reports